Jon Kabat-Zinn defines mindfulness as “the awareness that unfolds as we pay attention, on purpose, in the present moment.”
Our Modern Challenge
We spend so much of our day stressed out and overwhelmed. We feel burnt out and wish we had more balance in our life. We find it difficult to focus, and we’re so scattered with our attention it seems like we’re not even present for our own life! We wish we could find more ease and joy.
The Timeless Solution
Mindfulness is the most powerful tool I know of that can help us live with greater calm, ease, and balance. When we practice mindfulness, we cultivate skills that are essential for human living: we learn to pay attention, calm down, and nurture joy. We make time for our own self-care in the middle of our busy days.
Why Practice with a Mindfulness Teacher?
Individual Mindfulness practice sessions can help you go further in your practice. There are many reasons why you could benefit from practicing privately with an instructor, here are some of the benefits often heard from others:
● Having a private instructor provides structure & accountability, which helps build a habit of practice
● Practicing with a private instructor can deepen your practice
● Sharing insights and/or challenges with your instructor can you help gain more perspective and insight into yourself.
Gentle yoga can be woven into either the group or private sessions.
Why Join a Mindfulness Practice Group?
Maybe you’ve heard the saying, “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.”
Mindfulness practice groups can help you go far. There are many reasons why you might enjoy practicing as a group, here are some of the benefits often heard from others:
● Having a group provides structure & accountability, which helps build a habit of practice
● Practicing with others can foster the experience of a deeper practice
● Sharing insights and/or challenges with others help gain more perspective about the practice
● Building a mindful community supports the sustainment of practice
● Our group gatherings have a deeper purpose and it adds to the meaning of our time together